No, we do not mean flower boxes here.
Seedbox is generally a dedicated server used primarily or solely for seeding BitTorrent data, as servers are often called as boxes the acronym seedbox is very well fitting. When mentioning seedbox it generally means seeding BitTorrent but seedboxes of other type exist as well for different filesharing Peer to Peer Networks. Pulsed Media offers BitTorrent seedboxes, using the rTorrent client.
SeedBox Standard Features
All Pulsed Media Seedboxes comes with a standard set of features. Same user interface and same BitTorrent software is used for all seedbox servers.
- Public trackers ALLOWED
- Seedbox servers located in France
- HDD Quota is 25% burstable for upto 7days.
- Max users per HDD Large, Medium, Small: 6, Starter: 8
- Mentioned HDD quota, and RAM is maximum rTorrent usage per user. Link speed on servers is 100Mbps.
- Nice Master GUI with ruTorrent for Torrents, File manager, Quota info, web proxy, help, IRC etc.
- rTorrent + ruTorrent. Other torrent clients are unavailable.
- SSH + SFTP + SCP + FTP access.
- Integrates to your OS with pulsedBox - adding & managing torrents is very convenient and easy!
- BTSync, Sonarr, pyLoad, Megatools etc. included by standard
- FFMpeg included for encoding
Pulsed Media Seedbox service lines
2009+ Series is a basic value series of seedboxes, offering splendid value for money.
2009+ X2 Series is otherwise very similar to the 2009+ offerings except immense amounts of storage for lowest levels of cost per Gb.
2011 1Gbps series is high speed bursting option for those who regularly need very high speeds for short periods of time.
Commercial offerings are usually highly polished and developed offerings with multiple ways to offer better convenience. With Pulsed Media you get an carefully crafted GUI, often nicknamed as the PM Master GUI along with extended features such as pulsedBox which brings your seedbox to the desktop.
Private seedboxes, as in operated by individuals for a group (friends, community or sharing a seedbox)are generally speaking using software of lowest entry barrier, meaning no frills basics due to the obvious availability limitation generally for the polished commercial interfaces. Individuals can opt however to use the PM Software Stack to bring many of the features of Pulsed Media seedboxes to their own servers.
Dedicated server dedicated solely as a seedbox for single user. An high end, very high performance option.
Usually using an seedbox is fairly straightforward task. See category Category:seedbox guides