Pulsed Media Free Bonus Disk Policy

From Pulsed Media Wiki
Revision as of 10:36, 6 August 2015 by Nucode (talk | contribs)

We offer free bonus disk quota to our loyal customers.

Basic information

Loyal customers get free disk space added to their service assigned if the server has free disk space.

Who and When

If the server has free disk space, extra quota maybe assigned to you. This is automatic and our system verifies there is sufficient disk space before applying it to you. You may see if you got extra disk space from the welcome tab, under quota display it reads in small text how much bonus disk quota has been applied to you.

Everyone gets a share if their service has been running for at least several weeks and the bonus to be applied exceeds 2GiB.

You get at maximum 50GiB at a time. Each hour a script checks for 10 random users if they are eligible for bonus disk quota, and if the server has sufficient free disk space. Current global maximum has been set at more than 140TiB (08/2015)

How much extra

Certain percentage is given by following formula:

  • 1% for every 50€ paid (minus fees & refunds)
  • 1% for every month service has been active
  • 0.2% for every month since billing profile registration

In summary, just having your service active you will gain 1.2% monthly - or 14.4% annually. If the cost of the service is 10€, you will gain another 2.4% annually for a total of 16.8%. This quickly racks up for long term customers who has been with us for years.

Maximum is 150% - and some users get very close to this, we've seen a multitude of accounts with above 100%.


If your account needs to be migrated to another server for whatever reason, the current bonus will be reset at this time. You will regain it over time.