Uploading torrent files to Seedbox
From Pulsed Media Wiki
This article will explain how to add .torrent file into Seedbox
Using ruTorrent GUI
Step by step guide for adding .torrent via ruTorrent GUI
1. From left top corner click the icon "Globe". New window will appear.
2. From the window just appeared click "Browse" and locate .torrent file from your computer.
3. Select the file and click "Open".
4. Click "Add files".
Default on all Pulsed Media seedboxes
Under your home directory there is a directory called watch
Just add files to this directory and your files will be added.
Custom watch folders
Watch folder will work on rTorrent 0.9.2 or later! If your seedbox is still running on older version, please contact support
ruTorrent will watch this folder. Files in watch folder will be automatically added to rTorrent.
1. Find out your watch folder
- 1.1 From ruTorrent GUI click settings.
- 1.2 From settings click autotools.
- 1.3 Enable "AutoWatch" feature.
- 1.4 Enter Path for folder which will be watched.
- 1.5 Tick "Start download automatically" if wanted
2. Connect via sftp/ftp to seedbox. (See Seedbox access via FTP, SSH and SFTP)
- 2.1 Browse to Path you previously set on ruTorrent
- 2.2 Upload .torrent file(s) to folder and they will be automatically added to rTorrent.
(When removing torrent please note that .torrent file needs to be removed from watch folder also to avoid getting it added again)